Arthroscopy is a surgical procedure orthopaedic surgeons use to visualize, diagnose, and treat problems inside a joint.During arthroscopy a surgeon inserts a pencil sized instrument that contains a fibre optic video camera called an arthroscope through a small incision. The Arthroscope is connected to a minuature television camera and the surgeon is clearly able to see the interior of the joint through a tiny incision instead of a large incision.
Arthroscopy can be used for diagnosis as well as to perform minimally invasive surgery. Arthroscopic surgery is safe and effective, and the best surgical option for a large number of conditions.
- SBJH is among the pioneers in ACL reconstruction in India.
- Arthroscopic surgery at SBJH's Mini Day surgery unit allows patients to be discharged on the same day after surgery.
- Arthroscopic reconstruction of the knee, shoulder, and ankle joint, wrist, carpal tunnel surgery, etc. is routinely performed at SBJH using the latest technology.
- Arthroscopic surgery is minimally invasive, highly effective, and extremely beneficial for patients.
- SBJH is well known for its expertise in arthroscopic surgery and has a fully equipped infrastructure, and dedicated and trained team that expertly employs advanced surgical technology.
- Quick recovery, lower risk, smaller incision and high success rates make Arthroscopy one of the best treatment options for patients.